Monday, March 16, 2009

Branson Bound!

So it has been a long past 6 months. God has blessed up each and everyday and each and everyday we have also learned many valuable lessons for life. Learning to BUDGET in a serious way with this crazy economy. Making things stretch when normally we would have thrown them out. At first it was really hard for me, I mean to not stop and get Starbucks if I really wanted it. There are so many things in life I guess I take for granted and then we had to scale back a bit. After few weeks of feeling sorry for myself :) it became like a game. How much could I save at the store using coupons, what kind of deals could I get at Walgreens, etc. Well as luck would have it business has picked up a bit and we have nested some money away to take a much needed getaway! Nothing too fancy or exciting just a road trip to Branson and we are all thrilled! Just a few days away. No cooking, cleaning, wood from the storm to cut and clean up. Just some good ol family time! We plan to do some summer shopping for the boys, new clothes, shoes, etc. and of course a few new things for Momma and Daddy as well! As long as there is some indoor pool time penciled in that is all they care about. So the top three pics were as follows:
Ian and Carter-SWIMMING!
Momma-shopping
Daddy-a BIG breakfast buffet
Doesn't take much to please us does it??? So we are headed out tomorrow afternoon and won't be back until Thursday night. I can't wait and I know we are going to have a GREAT much needed time!

5 comments:

Andrea said...

I know the feeling girl!!! Walgreens offers some great deals if you know what you need!! I just bought 2 packages of newborn diapers & a huge wipes refill for $17.00, PLUS I got a 10 Walgreens gift card for my next trip!! Crazy!

HAve a great time in Branson!

Reba said...

I hope you have a fun family getaway! Enjoy each and every minute. Can't wait to see some pics. :)

Sherry Valentin said...

I too LOVE Walgreens... Everyone deserves a trip now and then... 21 days til mine!!!

Jessica said...

Did you have a fun getaway?
I hope so!

Thank you for your kind words. : ) I'm loving my return to work. I miss Harbor, but I really feel balanced right now. Things are just going really well for us.

m1ch3113lee said...

Jill, I hope your family had a great time in Branson. I know we have cut soda pops out to help save money at home plus the times we get to go out we don't get soda we get water.