Monday, November 30, 2009

Thankful on Thanksgiving

Well as you know we had our Thanksgiving a little early, so that Jeremy could enjoy all the food. If you are wondering if he enjoyed it.........I think he had 2nds, 3rds, and 4ths.......actually I caught him back in the kitchen again after everyone left. However I looked the other way because I knew that he would not get to enjoy the leftovers after that day! We had a great feast! I took over our families Thanksgiving dinner after Ian was born. I don't know why but I wanted to make sure that I knew all the family "secrets" to put on a successful holiday meal. I think my feast has gotten better and better each year. I know I was not near as stressed this year as I was the first time I did it 6 years ago! Here are Jeremy and Carter very patiently waiting for the turkey!





Our menu consisted of:

Turkey

Ham

Crockpot dressing

Sweet potatoes with almonds

Macaroni Salad

Deviled Eggs

Hominy Salad

Macaroni and Cheese

Pretzel Jello Salad

Pumpkin Dump Cake

Pies from Spring Street Grill

Pecan Pie







We had a great day and great food!!!! I love the tradition of having Thanksgiving at our home. Ian helps me decorate and get the house ready. I am a sucker for traditions!!!!!!! One thing we do is each of get to choose one dish that I will fix for our dinner, so this year Ian picked turkey(which saved me because obviously we were going to have that anyway), Carter picked macaroni and cheese, Jeremy chose his mom's famous macaroni salad, and I picked hominy casserole(which is now a family favorite thanks to my aunt Donna!).


This picture is my bargain of the day! Our PTA cleaned out an old shed we had full of Fall and Winter decor from our carnivals we had years ago. We had a little mini sale at our last meeting, so I snagged all of the cute pumpkins, mums, and fall leaves. I got all of it for 10 bucks!!!! It was 5 pumpkins, 2 mums, and a big bunch of leaves. I was so excited! Ian helped me put it all out for our dinner! I snapped this pic when I put it all on the counter and I just loved it! Carter was so excited over it all! His expression in this pic is priceless to me!
Well I am slowly but surely catching up on my blogging after my hiatus I took! I hope you all had a wonderful time with family and friends and enjoyed your Thanksgiving feast as much as we did!

1 comment:

Reba said...

I am so glad that you had an early Thanksgiving so Jeremy could eat with ease! And that picture of Carter. Wow! It is an incredible picture! So sweet! By the way, I am so impressed with your dinner. I only contribute a dish or two, nothing more. I have no clue how to fix a turkey! I really need to learn...