Thursday, January 7, 2010

"Push" Present

Okay so I am sure many of you are familiar with the famous "Push" present and some of you maybe not. However when I had both the boys Jeremy got me a "Push" present basically a thank you for hanging in there for 9 months and getting through all the ups and downs of pregnancy and surviving labor! When Ian was born I got a beautiful necklace with a baby blue stone and when Carter was born I got a sterling silver ring with his name engraved in it.




I decided a few months ago that Jeremy needed a "Push" present for finishing chemo. One day when I was visiting all my blog friends blogs I came across the perfect gift! I knew the moment I saw it that my search was over! I contacted the blog I found it on and they were so excited and gracious to help us with this gift. I don't know how I kept it a secret from Jeremy, but somehow I did. So on Christmas Eve when the boys got home we gave Daddy his "Push" present. I mean I know he didn't push per say, but in my mind he did, he pushed through each day, the good, the bad, and the ugly. Even when he wanted to give up he didn't, even when he was sick, miserable, and exhausted he kept going. On those days when he felt like it couldn't get any worse he would battle through. We are SO proud of him. He persevered through 6 very long months. He has been to more doctors than he has ever dreamed of going to. He has had more needles, shots, blood draws than I can ever begin to explain. Even though it got hard and even though he got grumpy and frustrated he did it. He made it! So this was our thank you to him.

Jeremy there are no words to say how proud I am of you. I know this past year has been tough and I know the upcoming tests and procedures are stressful. However the things you have done for your family and strength and courage you have endured are amazing to me. God brought us together and we truly do give one another strength, courage, and wisdom. You make me a stronger person than I could ever be without you. I know things are still tough and know it is still rough and there are reminders of that everyday, but we are making it! Praise God Almighty we have our faith, we have each other, we have our boys, and we have amazing family and friends. I cherish everyday we have together and I now take nothing for granted. So from the bottom of my heart thank you. This flag was symbolic of something you and the boys do together and something that we love to do and watch together as a family. It is something we will always have in our home and someone made it with their very own hands just for you. Thank you is not enough, but thank you for doing what you have for your family. We love you so much!

4 comments:

Reba said...

Oh, what a wonderful and precious gift from the heart! I think you BOTH deserve a PUSH present because you both pushed through this year, through the appointments, through the changed plans, through the tears, through the questions...you made it. Amen!

Unknown said...

Amazing Jill! I will continue to keep your family in my prayers!

Andrea said...

Jill, what an awesomee idea!!! Great job Jeremy on making it through sucha rough patch!!! I will continue to pray that things go well!!! CONGRATS on treatment being over though!!!

Donna C said...

what a wonderful gift you have given your DH besides yourself and your boys ! Know that prayers have come from the North throughout this patch and that those prayers and positives thoughts will continue ! jill , it is scary how our lives run so parallel though we have never met ! hugs to al of you and I hope this is the total end of all treatments ( and illnesses ) for all of you !