Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Not sure where July went!

Ok so I know many of you are checking in and so I am going to have a quick post for tonight to give an update, but I have to get in bed early because tomorrow is our 1st day of school and I have 22 little kindergarten kiddos that are counting on me to be well rested and ready to go! The school I teach at is on a balanced calendar, so we go back a few weeks earlier, but get some weeks off throughout the year that are wonderful!
Jeremy had his start of round 2 of chemo today. We got there about 8:15 and they gave him meds until about 11:45. Went good and he even was able to go back to work afterwards. He has his pump on and is planning to work again tomorrow. He has it taken off on Friday morning and is going to see how he feels Friday and Saturday before deciding if he will work or not. Dr. B said that symptoms and sickness tend to hit at the same time with this type of chemo, so this means that Friday and Saturday would be his rough days, so we are just going to play it by ear and see how it goes.
I got my classroom set up and ready thanks to MANY different people who I promise I will thank this weekend when I get caught up on everything :). Never realized how hard it was to be wife, mom, teacher, and nurse! Going to be a wild 6 months, but we are going to get through. I know this post is short, but I have to get to school bright and early and be ready for my new babies! Will post more this weekend! Hope you all are having a great week! Sending lots of love and hugs!
Oh and by the way my oldest baby starts 2nd grade tomorrow, I can't believe it! Pics to come this weekend!

1 comment:

Reba said...

I hope you have a wonderful first day tomorrow! I have been wondering how your week has gone. I am glad today went well and hope that the sickness isn't nearly as bad this time around. Can't wait to see pics of your big second grader's first day!