Sunday, August 30, 2009

A week of celebrating!

So my birthday was on Thursday the 27th and we have kind of celebrated all week long! I am not one to make a big deal, but of course if you fuss over me for my birthday I won't complain :)! I have not posted all week because between birthday celebrations, Ian's busy schedule, and dr appts my week became a little busy. I will definitely start with the fun part of our week!

On Wednesday night Jeremy brought home a Rick's cake for my birthday(white cake white icing my absolute favorite from Rick's). We had cake and they gave me an hour massage gift certificate. It was so sweet. We blew out candles not just once, but probably 3 or 4 or maybe even 5 times. They all 3 sang to me and Carter sang at the top of his lungs, it was hysterical! We have it on video on our new Handy Cam(gift to ourselves since we didn't get to go on vacation), but I haven't figured out how to download the videos. I will share as soon as I figure it out because it so cute.

Thursday at school I got lots of surprises. I got an adorable cake from Rick's that had a high heel and a purple purse on it from my wonderful friends I work with Melissa, Sharon, and Kelly. I got a gift certificate to Barnes and Noble(Sharon), pedicure gift certificate(Ashley), money for a dinner out with my hubby(Christina), gift certificate to Something Urban(Melissa), plumeria lotion and shower gel(Ginger), gift certificate to Sonic and some snacks(Inger), and of course lots of little pictures and cards from my kiddos.

On Thursday night my dad and Jannie put together a little family get together for my birthday at their house. They had Flying Burrito catered in and the most ADORABLE birthday cake you have ever seen. It was an enormous cupcake with about 8 or 9 layers of cake and icing. So incredibly yummy! I got lots of goodies and some money to spend on myself which is always a nice treat. Then we came home and vegged on the couch and watched Big Brother, so it was the perfect ending to my birthday.

A friend of my Ginger that teaches across the hall has a birthday the day before mine, so she decided that she was going to throw a birthday party for both of us at her house. It was so enjoyable! We had yummy kabobs her husband grilled and everyone brought a side dish or dessert. All the guys went down and played pool and darts and all the girls stayed in the house and played Catch Phrase. Jeremy got to come after work and my friend Brandy went with me, it was so much fun! Thank you Ginger and Andy for throwing us a great party!

Ok so enough about my birthday, let me fill you in on the rest of our week. Nothing really new to report. Jeremy did have an appointment with Dr. B on Wednesday. The appointment went well and Jeremy's blood levels were looking good. We decided to leave Jeremy's chemo on Tuesdays and he will continue to get his pack off on Thursdays. Dr. B is so pleased with how Jeremy is doing and how well he looks. He said that the wiped out feeling he is having on those few days after the pump comes off is very normal and he just could not say enough times how proud he was of Jeremy and myself. He truly is an encourager and we are so blessed that he is taking such good care of Jeremy. We went ahead and he scheduled Jeremy's next 3 treatments and then he scheduled him for another PET scan on October 5. This worked out so perfect because I am off that week, so Jeremy will have his scan on the Monday I am off and then we will get the results of the scan on Wednesday when we have an appt with Dr. B. Chemo is scheduled for this Tuesday, so please send up prayers that Jeremy can be comfortable and rest as he needs to.

I don't have any pictures this week, which is sad since it was my birthday. However my camera is still at school because I have been doing some pictures of my kiddos with it being the beginning of the year. I promise to post some pictures of birthday and birthday cakes sometime this week.

Jeremy is doing good. We have a great weekend! We had the party last night and then today we took the boys to the last Naturals baseball game of the season. It was SO much fun! Ian and Carter would live at the ball field if we would let them. Carter yelled for Strike almost the entire time. Strike did come over there and then of course Carter didn't want near him, only close enough to see him but not close enough to touch him. One funny thing that happened at the game was they announced that the person sitting in Section 107 Row F Seat 2 won a Swiffer Wet Jet, well at that moment it just happened to be Carter. The man came down and gave it to Carter and he started moving back and saying OH NO Tank U, NO Tank U. He wanted no part of that Swiffer Wet Jet, it was hysterical! I guess he thought if I win something at a baseball game it should be a bat, ball, t-shirt, etc. but not something you use to clean.

Once again it has been a blessed week for us. A few thank yous:
*Thank you to Luann for the wonderful soup dinner you brought for our family. You not only have been a wonderful sub in my classroom, but also a wonderful friend to me.
*Thank you to all the emails, facebook messages, cards, gifts and emails I got wishing me birthday wishes. It meant a lot.
*Thank you again to our wonderful neighbors Jim and Murphy for taking care of our yard work.
*Thank you to Jannie (aka Tata) for keeping the boys so Jeremy and I could not only go to my birthday party, but also sleep in on Sunday morning. Okay I will be honest I slept until noon and it was glorious!
*Thank you to Dad and Jannie for the wonderful birthday dinner and family party. It was so nice and I enjoyed it so much.
*Thank you to my friend Brandy for coming over and bringing me birthday presents, McAllister's tea, and going with me to my party. I am SO blessed to have you in my life. When God brought us together so many years ago in Kays Hall(our dorm we lived in) I had no idea how important you would become in my life. I truly don't know what I would do without you. You are there for me anytime anyday and always willing to take on anything. From the bottom of my heart thank you for being such an amazing friend to me and being such a wonderful "aunt bwandy" to the boys.

Well that pretty much catches you up on our week. Hope to have some pictures posted later in the week and once I figure out my new video camera I will post some videos. Thank you for the continued love, prayers, and support. It means so much to our family.

1 comment:

Reba said...

I am SO glad you had a wonderful birthday week! I was reading about it with a happy heart knowing that someone so wonderful got so many treats! I hope this is a good week, chemo and all. I am glad Jeremy's dr. is so encouraging...God knows what you need! I had to smile on the Swiffer story. I don't think any of my kids would be too excited about that either. :)